Giant floor maps
As the first giant floor map to show all of North America, Wild Migrations was created in partnership with the Canadian Wildlife Federation and features the migratory routes of 20 different North American species at risk. Through 10 curriculum-linked activities and associated props, students will explore species migration, learn how animals are classified as at risk and be inspired to take action.
Learn how to introduce this resource to your class with this helpful guide.
Floor map dimensions:
- Dimensions 10.7 m (35') x 7.9 m (26')
- Diameter of Shipping tube: 32 cm (13")
- Trunk: 82 cm (32") x 46 cm (18") x 58 cm (22.5")
Don't have space for the giant floor map? Download a smaller, tiled version here!
The activity trunk includes:
- Teacher’s guide (hard copies of all activities)
- All required materials for 10 activities (download activities below)
- Media kit (this will be e-mailed to you upon the completion of your reservation)
- A hard copy of a press release and background information
- A list of suggested ways to get media attention
Wild Migration giant floor map activities (click to download)
On the map
How Much is Too Much?
The Three Gs: GPS, GIS and Geography
Discovering the Oceans